Famous destinations 2020
In times of emotional and health crises, if we are not inclined to face a trip immediately … let’s try to travel at least with the mind.
And, to know what could be our next destinations.
In this regard, what is better than taking a look at the best famous destinations in 2020? Emblematic places that, almost always, need no introduction.
Tripadvisor, one of the industry’s reference points, has compiled its personal ranking, within the framework of the Travelers’ Choice.
Through a cross-analysis of data and reviews, the well-known portal has compiled the ranking of places that travelers have most appreciated in the last place. And, among discounted results and surprises, it awarded prizes for the famous destinations 2020.
The highest step is in London, one of the most loved, and visited, capitals in the world. The English city precedes the bitter “rival” Paris, which has always been one of the most romantic capitals. The wonderful Crete, the Greek island that combines art, history and natural beauty, closes the podium; and, obviously, a lot, a lot of sun and sea.
All-European podium, with the Old Continent proving to be one of the most popular tourist destinations, with 8 destinations in the Top Ten. Exceptions are only Bali, Indonesia, and Thailand’s Phuket. And, just Asia seems to keep up with the Old Continent, as far as the famous destinations 2020 are concerned.
Except for Cuba, you have to go down to 25th position to find the first destination in North America, namely New York City.
FAMOUS DESTINATIONS 2020
Here is the Top Ten Travelers’ Choice of the best famous destinations in the world:
10 – Istanbul, Turkey.
09 – Barcelona, Spain.
08 – Majorca, Spain.
07 – Sicily, Italy.
06 – Phuket, Thailand.
05 – Rome, Italy.
04 – Bali, Indonesia.
03 – Crete, Greece.
02 – Paris, France.
01 – London, England.
Here, however, are the first classified in the individual areas.
MIDDLE EAST: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
CARIBBEAN: Dominican Republic.
SOUTH AMERICA: Cusco, Peru.
PACIFIC SOUTH: Gold Coast, Australia
Leave a comment
The biggest concerts, shows and events around the world in 2023 and 2024. The calendar of the most beautiful and renowned parties, and the most absurd and incredible ones
- 01: Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany
- 01 – 08: Barcolana, Trieste, Italy
- 01 – 27: Open Kitchen, Ljubljiana, Slovenia
- 05 – 15: Festa do Marisco, O Grove, Spain
- 06 – 07: Norsk Kornolfestival, Hornindal, Norway
- 06 – 08: Cavatast, Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, Spain
- 06 – 15: Berlin Lights Festival, Germany
- 09: Columbus Day, New York, United States
- 11 – 12: Robin Hood Beer and Cider festival, Nottingham, England
- 11 – 15: Montmartre Harvest Festival, Paris, France
- 13 – 22: Phuket Vegetariano Festival, Thailand
- 18 – 22: Amsterdam Dance Event ADE, Netherlands
- 21 – 22: Fall Festival, Los Angeles, United States
- 28 – 29: Poperinge Bierfestival, Belgium
- 01 – 04: Crossing Border Festival, The Hague, Netherlands
- 01 – 12: Dijon Fair, France
- 02 – 04: Iceland Airwaves Festival, Reykjavik, Iceland
- 03 – 05: Cannafest, Prague, Czech Rep
- 05: Guy Fawkes Night, Lewes, England
- 06 – 12: Pitchfork Music Festival, Paris, France
- 09 – 12: Le Guess Who?, Utrecht, Netherlands
- 10 – 12: Orujo Festival, Potes, Spain
- 11 – 12: Cuckold Feast, Rocca Canterano, Italy
- 10 – 19: Jazz Festival, London, England
- 11: Turnip Lantern Festival, Richterswil, Switzerland
- 12 – 16: Abu Dhabi Art, UAE
- 18: Magnificent Mile Light, Chicago, United States
- 23: Thanksgiving Day, United States
- 23 – 30: Tollwood Winterfestival, Munich, Germany
- 24 – 26: Games Week and Cartoomix, Milan, Italy
- 27: Onion Markets, Bern, Switzerland
- 27 – 28: Loi Krathong, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 30: Amsterdam Light Festival, Netherlands
- 30: Saint Andrew Day, Scotland
- 01 – 31: Amsterdam Light Festival, Netherlands
- 01 – 31: Tollwood Winterfestival, Munich, Germany
- 09 – 10: Christmas Vegetar Festival, Oslo, Norway
- 14 – 17: Rave on Snow, Saalbach, Austria
- 16 – 31: Ice Sculptures Festival, Zwolle, Netherlands
- 28: Els Enfarinats, Ibi, Spain
- 30 – 31: Hogmanay, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 31: Flambeaux Procession, Comrie, Scotland
- 31: Stonehaven Fireballs, Scotland
- Amiens (France)
- Basel (Switzerland)
- Bolzano (Italy)
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Bruges (Belgium)
- Colmar (France)
- Cologne (Germany)
- Craiova (Romania)
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- Erfurt (Germany)
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- Kraków (Poland)
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- New York (United States)
- Philadelphia (United States)
- Poznań (Polonia)
- Prague (Czech Rep.)
- Provins (France)
- Rango (Italy)
- Sibiu (Romania)
- Tallin (Estonia)
- Vienna (Austria)
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- Zurich (Switzerland)